THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 7, 2008

LOVE IS LOVE

I guess if everybody and their frickin dogs are blogging, i should too. Pickle encouraged me to start this thing so here we are. He will be helping me through the process since he is like 10 times smarter than me.

A little history on our family....

Pickle and i have been together for just under 6 years now. It was love at first site and we recount the day we met, often. He was my guy instantly! I never knew i could love a dog as much as i love him. I tell people we share a soul and I'm mostly not kidding.

Pickles favorite things:

1. food
2. me
3. his mom (Nicole)
4. the park
5. his ball (especially when its new and still has a squeeker)
6. bones
7.rolling in shit at the park
8. his lobster toy
9.keeping the yard squirrel free
10. chickens

Almost exactly 2 years ago the sweetest girl you have ever met came and changed everything. While avoiding her homework one night, Nicole was doing a little stalking on myspace. It just so happens she thought i was cute and asked me to be her friend. After 10 days of daily emails and a phone conversation i convinced her to go on a date with me. On December 9th we will have been together 2 years. On our one year anniversary we exchanged rings to symbolize our love and commitment to each other. Fortunately we live in a state that recognizes our commitment legally through "domestic partnership" which means we have the same legal rights as a married couple. the first day we could (February 4th 2008) we were at that courthouse to file the paperwork required to make our commitment legal. I could go on and on about this subject and how i think its a disgrace that this country can't get passed their religious bigoted views to see that my civil rights should not be something that gets voted on...that love is love and it shouldn't be up to anybody else to tell me who i can and cant love. I will leave it at that but i think you get my point.........

Now back to my sweet girl. N finished her medical lab technician program and has been working in her field for just over a year now. I have also recently finished an apprenticeship and I'm a full fledged electrician. It is really nice to be in similar places in life where we are both establishing successful fulfilling careers. We bought our house just over a year ago and have really enjoyed making a home together. We have already done so much to improve it and make it ours. Last spring i built a chicken coop and we raised 4 beautiful hens, last summer we had a stamped concrete patio put in the back for lounging and fires in our fire pit, in the fall we hired some friends to build a beautiful fence and landscape our front yard and it looks amazing!

N and I took a trip to Costa Rica in November and it was really wonderful. I will try to post some of those pics but most of you have already seen them so....

Is everyone sitting down? Good cause what I'm about to say may shock you.....I have decided to get a christmas tree and hang some stockings. I know, I know it seems unreal right? Well, I've decided to try to be a more accommodating partner to N who loves certain things about this time of year. Honestly it's not worth the conflict and I'm actually enjoying it a little bit, however, the no present rule still applies. I haven't de-grinched that much people. We got our tree today and pickle was such a good little helper, I think its cause he is excited about his special ornament.

pickle and i are really excited about our new blog and will try to keep everybody updated on the reg.

peace,

T

5 comments:

Kelsie Henrichsen said...

xyhjit3467fgteru78ighdf
that is from keegan, it says i love you auncle tara! can't wait to see you!

love keeg man

T said...

Thanks you guys!! Im counting the days!!

Kelsie Henrichsen said...

So are we!!! keegan loves your page. he doesn't think he needs to go to bed yet so he staring at your guys picture! and the bright colors. : )

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spudsmom said...

Awesome! I'm so proud of and love you both so much! You two are so good together. Thank you, Tara, for making my daughter so happy!