THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE SKINNY ON THE 411

THE CONDENSED VERSION:

2 women fall in love, want kids, need sperm, have a friend who is willing to let us have some of his, his parents are wonderful people who are more than excited to be grandparents, we negotiate with R (donor) for months, after many a happy hour get together we decide its a go, he gets his swimmers tested and scores above average, we tell our families who are all very supportive and excided for us, he tells his parents who are also very excited, we have hired a lawyer to help us take the steps necessary to protect our family to the fullest, next step is to finalize the lawyer stuff and then start trying for babies!! This is really happening...finally.

I have to say, for so many reasons I'm so glad I'm queer but it sure would be nice to be able to do all the freaking out, planning, and negotiating after getting pregnant. We have had to be so intentional through this process and work out details that most people would never dream to think of before conception. I'm ready...we are ready.

I will post new developments as they arise.

5 comments:

Em said...

wahooooooo!

Kelsie Henrichsen said...

I love you guys!! I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited for keegan to have a cousin!!! and of course a niece or nephew!! oh did i tell you i'm excited for you guys to be parents!! :)

spudsmom said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited to be a grandma. I feel like crying....the good kind!!!! I love you both!

T!FF said...

I am also Sooooo Excited along with Kels! Maybe we'll be prego around the same time frame!!! Yea for baby's!

Em said...

i hope you guys will join my bloggin bookies!!!!!