THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 8, 2009

SWIMMERS ARE SWIMMING


Well we did it. Yesterday we got a super positive on our OPK and were feeling good about the donor drop off we had scheduled. Poor guy...he was so nervous when he came over but after a very stiff vodka and cranberry he was ready to go.




We took the dog to the park to give R some privacy while he did the deed. He called to let us know we had a package waiting for us at home. He has been such a trooper through this process and we really appreciate him and his time. He and N are like brother and sister so this particular part of this process is a bit weird for the two of them. They both hung in there yesterday though and we all did what we had to do to get the job done. N was pretty nervous but like I said she was a trooper and SWIMMERS ARE SWIMMING.

We had some friends (with a baby) over for dinner last night. Homemade mac and cheese with broccoli. It was seriously good! The baby, Maude, was so sweet and I held her most of the time they were here. Pickle was sweet giving her lots of kisses but unsure to the point of a warning growl when she kept grabbing his foot. Granted he had had a hard afternoon because we forced him to puke up the pair of N's panties he had eaten earlier in the day. Needless to say he had an upset belly the rest of the night. We are going to have to start thinking about changing some things before our baby comes. He and I have been so connected since he was a "baby" and soon he will become the "dog". Last night we had him sleep in the living room by himself for the first time. He did pretty good and only had to be put back on the couch a few times. I missed him but I have to tell you the bed felt HUGE. I guess I never realized how much space he really takes up when he is with us. He looks a little sad today, like he has a feeling of what is to come. I know that seems silly but he is REALLY smart.




















R is coming over in an hour or so for round #2. We are feeling really good about our timing and are both really hopeful. N just yelled from the bathroom that she is feeling some cramping and she knows it's not gas. Here we go....

Will keep you posted....

5 comments:

Crayonboxes said...

I wonder why we get the cramping.. I don't ever hear my heterosexual friends complain about it.. Maybe it's because it doesn't feel natural to our bodies.. *shrug* Go figure..

Lots of baby dust to you and your wife.. Hopefully, this is your month!

T!FF said...

Poor Pickle! We are working on breaking Jet from his bad habits, it's hard when all they've ever known is to be the baby!!! Hope all goes well for you! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the insem. I had some cramps for a few days afterwards, but can't remember my straight friends ever mentioning them after sex. Though, I can't imagine why they would tell me, lol.

I know what you mean about the dog. We have a king size bed, and when Kayla is on it, there is NO room. When she's in her kennel, I swear, it's a California King x2!

Em said...

yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! how exciting!!! send some of the ovulation our way;-)

spudsmom said...

WooooooHoooooo!!!!!!
I'm so excited for you (and for me)
But hey, no pressure much. I'm ready to be grammy, just so you know. LOL! I love you both....so much!!!!