THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 2, 2009

EGGS


So I head out to the "coop deville" a few days ago and found 3 perfect eggs....





Now I know what you might be thinking so let me assure you that all three of those eggs came from our grown hens. I don't know exactly who laid the tiny brown one (maybe Dorthy) but it totally cracked me up. As I sit here tonight I see a deeper meaning in the tiny "different" egg. I love it just the same as the others, I treated it with as much care and tenderness as the others, and will be just as grateful for it's nourishment when I eat it up.

I hope that as a parent I am able to clearly see the special uniqueness of our children and love them unconditionally. I hope I can be the kind of parent who is sensitive to a child's needs even if he/she is "different". There are so many unknowns in my future and they are headed toward me at quite a rapid rate. Today is cycle day 8 of THE CYCLE and for those of you who don't know what that means....it means we are going to start trying to for babies as early as this weekend! I can't wait to be a baba.

So please cross your fingers and hope that this is happening for us this coming week.....

2 comments:

CD and SP said...

very jealous of your chickens and fresh eggs! good luck in your ttc trip! (and what a strange trip it can be!)

hearty said...

that picture of Dorothy makes me chuckle hard! Love that silly girl. that little egg was totally her.